Directed by Dayna Rogers
Learn to Swim
Vashon Golf & Swim Club is offering a full schedule of swim instruction throughout the summer. Give your kids the skills they need to be safe and have fun this summer with the most experienced instruction.
Morning Group Classes begin and run every two weeks: from July 10th until August 31st, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30pm, Monday through Thursday.
Evening Group Classes begin and run every two weeks: from July 10th until August 31st, 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30pm Monday through Thursday.
Note: 1 Session = eight (8) classes of 1/2 hour each. We ask you mark your date and time preference on the registration. The instructor will confirm the session with you.
Cost: Members: $60; Non-Member: $80 per Session (4 total instruction hours)
Lesson Levels & Basic Skill Prerequisites
Our progression system allows swimmers to learn skills at a fun and comfortable pace.
Level 1: Star Fish Must be 3 years and above. Class size of 4 – 6 students.
This class is designed to ease toddlers (ages 3 and up) into the water environment and prepare them for future independent swimming lessons. Instructor is in the water. Lessons are in the shallow end.
Level 2: Minnows Must be 4 years and above. Class size of 6 – 8 students.
Kids are comfortable in water but can’t swim independently without an adult present at their side. They must be able to go underwater and float on their stomach and back with some assistance. Classes are taught in the shallow end of the pool. Instructor is in the water.
Level 3: Otters Must be 4 years and above. Class size of 6 – 10 students
Children must be able to do an over the water arm stroke independently and float on their back. They are taught side breathing, crawl stroke, elementary backstroke and beginning diving. Lessons are taught in the deep water, swimming widths of the pool. Instructor is both in and out of the water.
Level 4: Salmon Must be 4 years and above. Class size of 6 – 10 students
Children must be able to swim the length of the pool using crawl stroke and side breathing. All strokes and some diving will be taught and refined. Lessons are taught using the length of the pool. Instructor is typically out of the water.
Level 5: Orcas – Jr Lifesaving Must be 8 years and above. Class size of 6 – 10 students
Children must be comfortable in deep water and able to swim the length of the pool using crawl stroke and breast stroke. Additional strokes and lifesaving techniques will be taught and refined. Lessons are taught using the length of the pool. Instructor is out of the water.
Private Lessons are available: Make arrangements directly with Coach Dayna Rogers.
For additional information, or help with determining the appropriate level, please contact Dayna Rogers at: (206) 384-1859, or by contacting the Golf & Swim Club office at (206) 463-9410
Helpful Reminders and Information
- Sign-in at the entry gate on your arrival, indicate ‘lessons’
- Non Members: after your lesson(s) ends, you are invited to enjoy the Club pool for up to 30 minutes after your lesson end-time Additional pool time is $5.00 per swimmer, with a maximum 2 hours: Use the guest sign-in sheet for extra time
- Non Members can bring guests to observe, but not to swim
- Food and Beverage service is available, with food service on the terrace level, overlooking the pool
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Make an effort to attend all the classes, and arrive 5-10 min. prior to lesson time
- Please have toddlers wear swim diapers i.e. “Little Swimmers”
- Little guys and gals with long hair should wear swim caps
- Please wait on the deck until the instructor is available to accompany child to the pool
- Parents must stay in the seating area, not by the pool
Cancellation Fee (less than 3 days notice) $10.00 per swimmer. Missed lessons not reimbursed. If you have questions about the program or the levels after reviewing this information, please call Lessons Director Dayna Rogers at: (206)-384-1859 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org